Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Brief Brush with Fame

Fame is fleeting. 

Last week, Showtime put a link to my review of “Dexter” on their web page for the show.  It was for episode 2 of season 7, “Sunshine and Frosty Swirl.” It was on a page called “In the News.”

This week I was so excited by the prospect of being recognized again that I got up early Monday morning and wrote my reviews for “Dexter" episode 703 that I named "Necessary, Greater and Lesser Evils" and “Homeland” episode 203 that I named "Wired."  It takes me about 3 hours to write a review and get it posted, so unless I want to pull an all-nighter, the reviews have to wait for Monday.  Also, I think the review is better if “I sleep on it” and let the ideas percolate through my brain.

But fame is fleeting.

Both “Dexter” and “Homeland” now have an “In the News” link.  Now the link takes you to a whole list of reviews. My review of episode 702 for Dexter is still up, but neither of my reviews for this week made the cut.  I think my reviews this week are just as good as the one I wrote last week.

Why didn’t I make the cut?  Fame is fleeting.
 
This picture is from http://www.bangsandabun.com
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.