Thursday, October 18, 2012

News Print Haiku


A friend wrote a great haiku the other day and that got me to thinking about whether I could do a news print haiku.

I decided I would use the traditional three line form with a “turn” after the second line. (The turn resolves the issue set up for the first two lines.)  Traditional haiku uses 5 syllables for the first line, 7 syllables for the second line, and five syllables for the concluding line.

Here’s what I came up with from a section of the newspaper on the editorial page entitled “The Needle.” It usually includes three very short political jokes.


The Ten Commandments

It’s over-regulation

Repeal five of them



I found this picture at http://biblecartoons.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.