Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Nostalgia Tour

I'm getting "News Print Poetry 2012: Volume 2 April - to -  June" ready for publication.

I really enjoy rereading the poems and remembering the news story they came from and how I wrote them.  I re-experience the emotions I felt then.

First the news stories remind me of the sorrow and joys of those three months.

I also re-experience how I felt when I wrote each one. Sometimes I felt frustrated because I couldn't get the poem to come together.  But other times I was delighted with the great poem that emerged.

I also get to discover how many typos I made.

The book accomplishes for me what I hope it will accomplish for the reader.  It creates a nostalgia tour.

You don't have to wait for the book.  You can read the poems right now at http://newsprintpoetry2012.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.