Sunday, July 22, 2012

Picture Perfect

I started to add pictures to the poems about a month ago.  It has turned out to be part of the fun of
doing the poems.

I often spend a lot of time looking for just the right picture, sometimes more time than I spend writing the poem itself.  I want a picture that complements the poem, comments on the poem, reinforces the "message" of the poem, and enhances the experience of the poem.  It's too bad I won't be able to use these picture in my book.

When I'm writing a poem sometimes I find the story I want right away and sometimes the poem falls into place easily.  Other times, I have to go through the paper two and three time ssearching for a story to use and many times I put a lot of effort into crafting the poem.  It's the same with the pictures. Sometimes I find the "right" picture immediately, sometimes I'll do a lot of searches to get just the "right" picture.

Most of the time, I don't know what kind of picture I want when I start searching.  But as soon as I see it, I know it is "the one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.