Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Odd Couple: Edith Piaf and Zombies

Edith Piaf
Edith Piaf
I’ve been writing articles that I post on HubPages. My interests are quite varied, so my articles are on many different types of topics. 

Recently HubPages revamped the formatting of the articles, or as they are called “hubs.” The pages now have a much more attractive look. 

One of the changes was to place ads in a block format along the right side of the page. (Ads no longer appear in the middle of the text where they might be confused with content.) There are three ads on the side.The top and bottom ads are paid advertisements.The middle ad is for the author. It shows a picture, title, and blurb for another hub written by the same author.   

Sometimes the hub shown is clearly related. For instance, if you go to my Cranberry Orange Nut Quick Bread Recipe, you will see an ”ad” for my hub, Healthy Cranberry Cherry Pie with Walnut Crunch Topping Recipe. And vice versa. 
Cranberry Recipes 
 
Sometimes the pairing is for a hub that is tangentially related.  For instance, if you go to my hub for Political Phrases in the News you will see an ad for my hub, Thou Shall Not Kill: The Immorality of the Death Penalty. I don’t know why they didn’t choose my other hub on politics, Political Parties and Symbols; Where Do They Come From and What Do They Mean?, but at least it is a social issue that might be discussed by politicians.  
 
Politics and Death Penalty 

However, this one floored me. I have a hub, Edith Piaf: The Little Sparrow with No Regrets. I begin with a brief bio telling the facts of her life and her death  and then I do a tribute poem about her life which ends on an upbeat line, a paraphrase from Candide . “This is the best of all my possible lives.” This was paired with my hub about Zombies, ZOMBIES: The Popularity, Mythology, Psychology, Philosophy, Morality, and Reality of the Living Dead.   
 
Edith Piaf and Zombies 
 
Edith Piaf and Zombies!? Oh well, I do mention death in both articles. Or maybe they got paired because I mentioned philosophy in both. I only know that they make an “odd couple.” 


Edith Piaf CD
CLICK HERE for the CD
Walking Dead DVD
CLICK HERE for the DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.