Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Super Hero Alter Ego

Meet Miss Grammers
The Naughty Librarian

I have assumed a secret identity.  Since it is not really so secret now that I have told everyone, let's just say I have an alter ego.

Think of me as a super-hero and my super power is explaining arcane rules of grammar in a clear and concise way.

Check out Miss Grammers' first article--The Naughty Grammarian: Affect or Effect and her second article The Naughty Grammarian: Is it "Fewer" or "Less"


CLICK HERE
Thank you for liking, tweeting, and sharing this post.

"The Elements of Style" is an old favorite. It was first published William Strunk in 1918. In 1959, E. B. White became a co-author and the book was expanded. The latest edition, the fourth edition, was published in 1999 with a forward by Roger Angell. Everyone should own a copy.

7/25/14: Update: Jon Stewart misused "fewer/less" last night.  Follow the link to learn more. Miss Grammers is pleased to learn that her advice is indeed needed.

Update:  New posts from the Naughty Grammarian.

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.