Friday, September 14, 2012

Give Credit Where Credit is Due

I like to us a picture to illustrate my posts. I find them by searching google images.  Sometimes I will find the same picture from several sources. I actually spend quite a bit of time looking for all the sources of the picture.

I try to find the original source so I can credit the artist, photographer, or organization that created the picture. I don’t think I am too successful at it because people who use the picture in their blogs and websites usually don’t provide a credit.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. It is my way of thanking the originator of the art I use. I hope that my credits drive traffic to their websites, and maybe someone buys something from them.*

Here’s a picture I love because it is such a powerful image.  I used it for my poem "Trayvon Martin: Shot in the Heart."
 
* PS: If you want to buy something from me, I have books for sale. Some of them ae on the right side of this page.
This picture is from http://deviantart.net



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.