Sunday, September 23, 2012

Act Like a Kid Day

Yesterday’s poem for my News Print Poetry 2012 blog was about the release of the new Apple  iPhone5.  I chose that topic because it was more “newsy” than the poem I really wanted to do about fun.

So here is the poem about fun, entitled “Fun.” 

The title for this essay is “Act Like a Kid Day” because it is a phrase I use in my essay “The Amazing Gift of Laughter.”  The essay is in my book, What Ifs, If Onlys, and So Whats, a collection of essays based on my speeches.
 
Fun

Bored?

Channel your inner kid.
Bring back a sense of play.
Appreciate a wink of whimsy.
Think lighthearted.
We all need this in our lives.

Consider adventurous playfulness,
levity, and a sense of fun.
Be as wild as you want to be.
The most important thing in life
is being willing to laugh.


© 2012 Catherine Giordano

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.