Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Fascination with Pirates

CLICK HERE
for Pirates of the Caribbean
What is this fascination with pirates?

On August 16, I posted a poem about pirates on my blog News Print Poetry 2012.  The poem is entitled "Pirate Action Group." It was about how the Somali pirates had turned kidnapping into a business, complete with form-letter requests for ransom. That post has gotten more hits this week than any other post  even though it is over a month old.

Search terms that include the word "pirate" are the main search terms that bring people to my blog. What is this sudden interest in pirates? Are people planning to take up pirating for fun and profit?  Are teachers assigning school children to write essays about pirates? Are people already thinking about Halloween costumes?   

If you know why so many people are interested in pirates, let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.