Monday, September 1, 2014

Wicked Witches Wickedly Funny

Old Witches Never Dieby Catherine Giordano


I wrote an article for the web:


How to Win a Slam Poetry Contest:Old Witches Never Die

I think the title is a little misleading.  I read a poem titled, "Old Witches Never Die" at a slam poetry contest and that poem helped me win--third place but still a win.

The article is not really about how to win a slam poetry contest.  It is the story of how I won and the "how I won" part is just an intro to the poem. The poem uses witches as a metaphor for negative emotions like hate, envy, and shame. It's a really good light-verse poem.

Read it and banish the witches.

Click the link, read the poem, and don't forget to vote in the slamming poll. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.