Friday, August 8, 2014

From Happiness to Success to Love

success, happiness, love
Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse
 under this Creative Commons Licence. 
 Modified by Catherine Giordano

by Catherine Giordano


 I’ve been doing a series of articles based on quotations from famous people. 

However, I don’t just give you a list of quotes like most websites that focus on quotations. I organize the quotes into “rules,” categorizing them according to theme and then add some advice of my own. 

I also have a value-added feature of providing a little bit of information about the person who gave us the quote. It puts the quote in context and eliminates that nagging question, “Who the heck is that person?”

I’ve learned a lot doing these articles. I began with one about happiness, then did one about success, and a few days ago I did a third one about love. 

I started off thinking I could just knock each one out in a couple of hours. I was wrong. Each one takes 10 to 15 hours to do. I have to find the exact right quotes, research the authors, discern the themes, write my commentary, and find or create the pictures to illustrate the article.

It’s hard work, but it is fun and I learn a lot in the process.  Read all three articles.
 

When you read the articles, please rate it. using the check boxes at the end, and/or write a comment. Also, I'd love it if you did the one-question poll.

Thank you for sharing, liking and tweeting this post.
You can also like, share and tweet each of the articles using the buttons on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.