Wednesday, April 10, 2013

UCF Book Festival


by Catherine Giordano



On Saturday April 13, UCF will host a Book Festival in the UCF Arena.  This is always a fun day with great speakers, a chance to meet and talk with well-known authors at author signings, and of course, lots of books to browse and even buy. And it is all free!

Call me old fashioned, but I love paper books.  I love to touch them, smell them, read them, and put them on my book shelf.  (I have a whole wall of books in my office.) I know e-readers are the future and have a lot of advantages, but I’m just not there yet.

Whatever your preferred method of reading and your preferred genre, you’ll have a great time at the UCF book festival.  Cooking demos, talks about fiction, mystery, history of Florida, romance, children’s events, a poetry reading, and even a poetry slam. 

A few children’s events start at 9 am; the adult events start at 10am. The lectures/readings end at 4pm, but the arena remains open until 5pm.

The only problem is the problem of too much going on at the same time.  It is so hard to choose which event to attend.

I hope to see you there.

For more information, go to http://education.ucf.edu/bookfest/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.