Monday, June 30, 2014

Mary Burton Puts Me in the FWA Top Ten Again

I'm so excited to share the news.  My story "Te Amo" has put me in the Florida Writers Association top ten for the second year in a row.

Every year the FWA does an anthology for creative writing and poetry. They get about 200 entries and judges review these entries in a blind judging to select the 60 that will appear in the book. I announced that I had won the first round about a month ago.  (See the blog post.)

Today I learned I also won the second round of judging. Mary Burton, a best selling author was the judge this year. (Every year a different best-selling author is asked to judge the entries.) out of the 60 entries that are selected in round 1, she picks the ten that she thinks are the best.

CLICK HERE
Mary Burton is a terrific author of suspense thrillers, spiced with romance.  I have read some of her books including The Seventh Victim, and I definitely recommend it as a "good read."  And Mary Burton liked my story!  I'm so thrilled!

I've been doing so much writing. It is wonderful to validated with an honor.  Alas, the win gives me honor, but no money.  I have to figure out how I can start earning money from my writing.

3 comments:

  1. hip hip hooray -- congratulations --

    ReplyDelete
  2. hip hip hooray -- congratulations --

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love to know that others are happy for me.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.