Friday, January 30, 2015

February Holidays

valentine's cookies
CLICK HERE
by Catherine Giordano


February may be the shortest month, but it is one of the busiest months.  It is chock full of holidays. And they just happen to be holidays that I have written about.  Enhance your holiday celebrations and observances by taking a look at what I have written. 

Black History Month
First of all, February is Black History Month.    


African American History Book 28 Days
CLICK HERE
I have collected some of the best of martin Luther King Jr.’s quotes, organized them by topic, and added my own commentary. His thoughts on religion may surprise you. Also, if you thought Dr. King was only about civil rights, read what he had to say about war and poverty. 


I also did two news print poems--one about MLK, Jr. and one about Black History Month. 


Racism Isn’t History After All


Groundhog Day
February 2nd, Groundhog Day. There is a classic movie called Groundhog Day.  See it or see it again. It is about a man who has to live a certain Groundhog Day over and over until he gets it right. It’s about getting a do-over or a second chance. There seems to be a universal longing for do-overs. I wrote about how to get a do-over in real life. 




Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year often falls in February. In 2018, it falls one February 16.  Celebrate with some Chinese food and by reading this News Print Poem I did back in 2012 when it was the year of the dragon.

2012 The Year of the Dragon

Groundhog Day
February 2nd, Groundhog Day. There is a classic movie called Groundhog Day.  See it or see it again. It is about a man who has to live a certain Groundhog Day over and over until he gets it right. It’s about getting a do-over or a second chance. There seems to be a universal longing for do-overs. I wrote about how to get a do-over in real life. 

Darwin Day
Celebrate Darwin Day on February 12 to recognize the amazing contributions Charles Darwin made to science. Darwin was a member of the clergy, but he advanced atheism with his work. He explained the origin of species.

What is Darwin Day and Why is it Celebrated Around the World?


Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day reminds us to tell our loved ones that we love them. Why not write a love letter or create your own card. You can use pictures from the internet and find some lovely sayings about love in my collection of love quotes. Valentine’s Day is on February 14..

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays because its come to be all about chocolate 9as well as love). If you want some candy to go along with that card, order it now. 
Valentine's Day cookies
CLICK HERE



Valentine's Day chocolate
CLCIK HERE





President’s Day

President's Day book for children
CLICK HERE
Finally, we have President’s Day on Monday, February 19th, 2018.  I’ve got a few posts for this one including one for the presidents’ wives. They work hard too.









My Birthday

February
I was born in February
Another reason to like February--February 11 is my birthday


If you click on the valentine gifts pictured above, I will get a small commission (even if you end up buying something else.) So if you were planning to buy a Valentines Day gift from amazon, consider using my link and I will consider it a birthday president.  (And it won't cost you a cent.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.