Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Politics of Raising Taxes

by Catherine Giordano

It's been a few weeks with no political posts. Today, I saw a letter to the editor in the Orlando Sentinel about taxing the rich to increase the prosperity of the United States. I couldn't resist turning it into a poem. I had already done my poem for the day so this is a bonus poem.

Raising Taxes

Higher taxes?
I’m fine with that.

Higher taxes on the wealthy
are important to prosperity.

We are a more cohesive society
when the gap between rich and poor
is not as enormous as it is today.

Extreme inequality
is the way
of banana republics
not our democracy.

Higher taxes for me
and my family—
Bring ‘em on.

© 2012 Catherine Giordano

Please share this poem by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.

Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my poems.


This picture is from http://store.addictinginfo.org/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.