Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank You, Mary

Today I got an email from someone I know casually.  She told me that she was reading my blog because a friend told her about it, and the friend learned about it from her friend.  I am getting word-of-mouth!

Very few people follow and I rarely get a comment, so sometimes I wondered if anyone was actually reading these poems.  I'm getting about 50 hits a day now, and sometimes a lot more.  I have over 2,500 hits so far.  Were all these people landing on my page by accident.  No! I have word-of-mouth!

I guess the readers of my blog just don't know that I really need the re-assurance provided by seeing the number of followers grow or getting comments. 

It takes a lot to get a poem done everyday; a lot of days I just don't feel like doing it, but I do it anyhow.  Sometimes I feel I should quit because probably no one is reading them anyhow.  But then I get an email like the one I got today and it keeps me going.

Thank you, Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.