Sunday, April 29, 2012

Good News, Bad News

A half-page story about me appeared in the Maitland/Winter Park Observer on Thursday.  The story also appeared in the East Olando Sun and the Seminole Sentinel, two publications put out by the same company.  I was mentioned in the blogs of two OrlandoSentinel columnists.  I was listed in the "Events" schedule of several newspapers.  Great publicity for my presentation at the Maitland Public Library earlier today, yes?

Well, actually, no. I had a very modest turnout.  Come to think of it--what did I expect? I took a type of communication, poetry, that generates very little interest ,and married it to a type of communication that generates even less interest, newspapers. Jimmy Fallon even made a joke about it at the White House Corespondents Dinner.  he said, "What is black and white and red all over? Nothing much, anymore.

Nonethless, my presentation was great.  Everyone really enjoyed it.  I wish more people could have seen it because it really was great.

Maybe I should write a romance novel true crime thriller about about vampire rock stars.  No wait amoment, I think Anne Rice already did that. 

But to be fair, there is always so much going on in Orlando.  There is a lot of competiton for people's time.  I myself, usually have to choose between two to five events everytime I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.