Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scoring with a High-Scoring Scrabble Word

by Catherine Giordano

I recently wrote an article about quetzals.  Someone pointed out that it would be a great word for Scrabble. It uses the two highest value letters in the game—the Q and the Z. The eight letters are worth 26 points, but the trick is to get the Q or Z on a triple letter square and to cover a triple word square also. Also it gives you the opportunity to play 7 letters for a bingo with 50 more points.

What other eight letter word gives you the opportunity to use both the Q and the Z?  I only found one: caziques is even better
CLICK HERE
than quetzals. It is worth 31 points without any triple letter, triple word, or bingo points.

A cazique is a tropical bird.  What is a quetzal?  Read my article to find out.  The Resplendent Quetzal  
 
P.S. Scrabble is a perennial favorite. Is your board worn and old? Are letters missing? Replace and upgrade with this board--the letters lock in place--no more accidental slippage of letters.

Thank you for sharing, liking, and tweeting.

10/15/14: This post was selected as "Hub of the Day   It is beautiful and well worth your time to take a look at it. This is the third time I have received that honor in the last 30 days.  I had Hub of the Day on 9/14 for my hub on collecting and again on 9/22 for my hub on writing poetry.
.

1 comment:

  1. scrabblewordseek.com
    Everything is explained step by step. I loved the examples used ��

    Very insightful…… I am enthralled by such eye opener, thanks and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.