Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Suddenly, It All Falls Into Place

Todays, poem was about the school prayer bill that passed in the Florida legislature last Thursday.  A minister wrote a column opposing the bill, giving many reasons to show that it was a bad idea.

I was beginning to think that it was a bad idea for me to have slected that story for my poem today.  I was struggling  to turn it into a poem.  The words I needed just weren't there, and when they were there, they were in the wrong place. And then suddenly it all fell into place.  I found the poem that was hidden in the story.

It hapens that way quite often.  It is such a thrill when it does.  It's better than completing the New York Times crossword puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.