Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day


“Monday, Monday, Can’t trust that day.”  That’s a line from a 60’s song by the “Mamas and Papas.”
 
Monday is the worst day for news print poetry. I usually struggle to find the poem for the day.
 
There are two main reasons for this. (1) The Orlando Sentinel is especially thin on Mondays.  (2) The “B” section of the paper is about finances.  Financial news is important, but it seldom makes for a good poem. Usually, there’s just not enough emotion in it.
 
“Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time.”

I’m cryin’ ‘cause I’m strugglin’ to find the poem of the day in Monday’s paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.