Sunday, August 12, 2012

. . . And the Pony is Lame

Yesterday I said newspapers are the Pony Express of the Internet age.  Today, I add "and the pony is lame".

The annoucemnet of Romney's choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate is yesterday's news.  A small headline only one column wide, no mention of Ryan's name in the headline, no picture.  At least it was on page one--but less than 3 inches.  A story abut campaign finances got more inches. The Ryan story continued on page 4, but claimed only about a half page. And that was it.

It made it hard for me to find material for my poem. I had to write about Ryan. It is a significant event for the 2012 election, and my mission is to write a poem for all significant events. 


Read the poem at
http://newsprintpoetry2012.blogspot.com/2012/08/romneys-vp-pick-paul-ryan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.