Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Poetry Decisions

Some days it is a difficult choice when I am deciding what story to write about.  I like to choose the most important story of the day, if I can.  But whatd I do when there are two or more important stories?

For instance yesterday, the rover, Curiosity, landing on Mars was a major story, one people will want to remember.  But there was also a story about the Sikh killings in Wisonsin and I wanted to write about that also.

I decided to go with the mars story and hope there would be something abot the Sikh killings in the paper today.  I lucked out.  There was a column about these killings.  Even better luck--today's story made for a better poem.

Be sure to read it at http://newsprintpoetry2012.blogspot.com/2012/08/sikh-killings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.