Wednesday, February 27, 2013

History Repeats Itself

by Catherine Giordano

It’s been two months now since I completed my “News Print Poetry 2012” project. I have been noticing how history repeats itself.

It’s been kind of uncanny.  I will see something in the news and it reminds me of a news pront poem that I did last year.  It often turns out that I wrote that poem exactly or almost exactly a years ago.

It validates the idea behind my project.  I have chronicled a year of history. The echoes of that history still reverberate.

I wonder if those echoes will still reverberate in five years. In ten years.

Please share this post by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.

Please "follow" so you don't miss any of my posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.