Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Funnies

Today I went to the funny pages to find my poem.  I took the title from "Mutts" and the words of the poems by following the strips from left to right from the top of the page down--"Garfield," "Blondie," "Luann," "Hi & Lois," "Hagar the Horrible," "Beatle Bailey," "Zits," "Sally Forth,", "Family Circus,", and "Pearls Before Swine."

As of today, I think I have now done at least one poem from every single part of the newspaper. The comics page was the only section that I have not previously used.

Although, it has nothing to do with the poem, I thought I'd mention that my favorite strips are "Rose is Rose" and "Pearls before Swine.".  I also like "Zits" a lot--the teenager in the strip reminds me of my son as a teenager, and even now, as a young man in his twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.