Monday, September 10, 2012

High Praise from On High

My title for this post “High Praise from On High” may be a bit of hyperbole.  In truth, it was only moderate praise and it was only from an editor.

I occasionally submit poetry, short fiction, and creative non-fiction to publishers of anthologies.  Last week I got a response from an editor.

She wrote, “You have good writing skills, and I am glad you sent your story.”

She went on to suggest that I make a few revisions and resubmit the story. She mainly wanted me to use the past tense because they want all the stories in the anthology to be in the past tense. She didn’t suggest any changes to the story itself which made me feel that my story was good and well-written.

It is the first time I have received a personal note from an editor.  Sometimes I get a form rejection email, but most of the time I don’t get any acknowledgement at all. 

If I do make the cut, the payment is minimal but the thrill of knowing I made the cut will be huge.

I only started writing a little over a year ago. Getting praise from an editor is a big milestone in my writing career.  

I found this at htp://katieonfiction.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.